Hello all of you Charming Girls out there! Isn't it hard to believe that this is our 1st Anniversary? Okay, let's all sing together - "Happy Anniversary - to us! Happy Anniversary - to us! Happy Anniversary to uuu-sss! Happy Anniversary - to US!! And many more!"
As I look back on it - we really had a great first year! We got to meet a lot of new people, to share quilting inspiration, we finished A LOT of quilts and projects, we had a couple of swaps, a couple of quilt alongs - and had some REALLY fun sewing parties!
It's time to kick off a new year in the club - with a few changes!
Alright - this is a sorta long post - so you know the drill - random picture time!
I shared with all of you that I have been making some changes in my life in the Transition post. After reading all of the comments, I really started thinking about the Club-and how we might make it better! I contacted several people who were kind enough to share their input with me (BIG thanks again to all of you)!
Bottom line is this - when this club is all said and done - I don't want the end result to be that we all just made more quilts! We have a WONDERFUL group of women gathered here with so much more than just quilting to share!!!
And, in the end, I want us all to be able to say "My life as a whole was better because I was part of this club - I learned from and was encouraged by these women - who became my friends. And, I was able to share my gifts and encourage them, too!"
And, I want to keep it FUN!!!
So, here is what we'll be doing for the next year:
Bi-Monthly Goals / Priorities
1. We are switching from posting goals every month to every other month. A month moves by so quickly - and I think this will ease the pace for all of us a bit. So, you'll have until July 15 to list your goals/priorities for July & August.
2. There are some who like the club just as it is! Some prefer to keep their blogs about quilting only - and that is great! You can post your quilting goals for July and August on your blog.
3. For those who would like a bit more from the club - I want to extend the benefit we all get from assessing our priorities and listing them on our blogs. So, we will not only be listing our quilting goals, but also listing other life priorities we want to get to (i.e. date night with hubby, take the kids on a field trip, clean out my kitchen cabinets, lose five pounds, start walking every day . . .) - the sky is the limit!
So, take a step back and assess your priorities for July & August, and post them on your blog.
4. We'll do a drawing every other month for (2) prizes. For the August drawing, the prizes will each be a $25.00 gift certificate to our store.
5. For each goal/priority you complete - do a post about it on your blog, and post a comment on the finishes post with your link - and you'll get one entry in the drawing for each goal/priority you met (whether it be a quilt or a date with hubby or time with the kids, etc.)!
6. The "Finishes" post - the post to list the things you complete will be put up on July 15 - and we'll put the link to it behind the "Charming Girls' Quilt Club" logo to the left for easy access!
1. We will no longer be doing the tag each month.
2. Rather, we'll have a "Monthly Theme"! For those who would like to, I'll be asking that as you go about the month - keep the theme in mind - and share about the theme on your blog posts periodically throughout the month.
3. We'll have a "Monthly Theme" Logo to the left that will link to a post. You can go to this post to comment with the link to your blog posts where you share about the theme - and also to find blog posts from other members who have shared!
4. Sometimes the theme will relate to quilting - and sometimes it will relate to other aspects of our lives like cooking, organization, great books, family fun, etc.
5. I'm excited about the monthly themes - and hope that many of you will participate! We all have strengths and weaknesses - and girls - I truly believe that we can learn SO MUCH from each other! I know I'm really excited to learn from all of you - and hopefully I'll have some good things to share with all of you, too!
Other Fun Stuff
We'll still being doing the other fun club things we've done in the past - quilt alongs, swaps, and sewing parties - DEFINITELY sewing parties!
(no explantion necessary LOL!)
How To Join
1. If you were a member last year and want to join us again this year, please post a comment here by July 15, letting me know that you still want to be part of the club.
2. If you have not been a member, but would like to participate in the club and you have a blog, then you can post a comment here stating that you'd like to participate by July 15. In your comment, you'll need to include your first name and your blog link!
After the 15th, I'll create a new "Club Member List" with links.
3. I'm sorry, but for now we are not accepting any NEW members without blogs (of course, we're keeping Pam W. and Liz M. - you know we heart you girls - smile)! If you do not have a blog, but would be interested in joining - please let me know - as I'm considering starting a flickr group for those without blogs - but want to see what interest we might have.
I'm really looking forward to our next Charming year together!
I'm off to think about my priorities for July & August!
(and you can bet "Flower Sugar" will make the list)
Back later with our "Monthly Theme" Post!
SORRY - Membership Has Been Closed!