Hi girls! Hope all of you are enjoying the Quilt Along
as much as Carol and I are! Goodness, there are so many pretty versions of this quilt coming together - I'm getting anxious for the parade!!
Here is Mr. Linky so you can show us your pretty blocks for this week:
For the instructions for the larger version, visit Carol Here!
This week, we're making the little square patchwork blocks! We'll be making 24 blocks, all of them will be 4 1/2" unfinished!
1. Gather your 24 background 2 1/2" squares (or your larger background squares if you did the embroidery) and your 1 1/2" multi-colored squares.
2. If you did the embroidery, you will need to trim your blocks to measure 2 1/2" x 2 1/2" square.
(I didn't have a 2 1/2" square ruler - so I improvised. I used my 4 1/2" square ruler - centered the block, and cut it at 4 1/2" - then trimmed one inch off of each side - ya know what they say - "Necessity is the Mother of Invention :) !)
3. Lay one multi-colored 1 1/2" square on top of another, right sides together and stitch.
4. Set aside 48 sets of the 2 squares each (these will be stitched to the sides of your block.
5. Take the remaining 96 sets of 2 squares, lay one set on top of another, right sides together, and stitch along the short side. Then, lay out your block center, and multi-colored borders as follows:
Love these little blocks - don't you?
Next week, we'll be working on making border blocks and cuting our borders! Enjoy your stitching this week girls!
On a side note, remember this quilt top that I had in my "Lonely Quilt Tops Club" - and did a giveaway on: