Hi Girls! Whew, the weeks just fly by so quickly. I have to say - I'm loving all of your piles of cut fabric -and your blocks. Such CUTE fabrics!! I just love doing
Angie (who has no blog) sent me photos of her blocks:
For instructions this week for the gorgeous larger verison visit Carol Here!
This week, we'll be making 13 bocks (9 Star Pinwheel Blocks and 4 Simple Pinwheel Blocks). Let's get started.
Making Your Pinwheels
1. Gather your 1 7/8" multi-colored Half Square Triangles.
2. Lay one triangle on top of another, right sides together, and stitch along the long side of the triangle.
2. Lay out your squares in sets of 4, and stitch the top two squares, and the bottom two squares together.
4. In the center of the block, where there is a diagonal and a straight seam, you'll need to strip out the straight seam to reduce the bulk of all 8 fabrics meeting at one place.
5. On the straight seam - strip out the top 2 or 3 stitches just above the seam line you just made stitching the top half to the bottom half of the block. The seam on each side will fall in opposite directions, and you'll see a tiny pinwheel in the center of the back of the block.
You will finish these blocks in exactly the same way that you finished your 4-Patch Blocks last week. So, rather than posting all of those instructions and photos again, I'm linking you back to last week's Post! Simply follow the instructions for finishing the Simple and Star blocks (remembering that you are making 9 Stars this time instead of 8).
Here is a photo of the finished blocks for this week:
Have a blast stitching your blocks this week girls!