Goodness, the week went fast - it's already time to cut our fabric! I'm excited that we have about 40 Charming People Quilting Along with us! This is going to be one fun parade of quilts!
1. Cut all of your charm squares into 3 - 1 1/2" strips as follows:
2. From your background fabric, cut 1 strip 2 1/2" x WOF (width of fabric), and from that strip, cut 24 rectangles that are 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" as follows:
3. From the background fabric cut 1 strip 4 1/2" x WOF, and from that strip, cut 24 rectangles that are 1 1/2" x 4 1/2".
4. For your setting and corner triangles, cut 1 strip 6 7/8" x WOF, and from that strip cut 4 squares that are 6 7/8" each. Cut each square in half diagonally in both directions as follows:
to make 16 setting triangles (you'll have 2 extra).
From the remainder of your 6 7/8" strip, cut 2 - 3 5/8" squares. Cut those squares in half diagonally ONCE as follows:
to make 4 corner triangles.
5. For your inner border, cut 4 strips 1 1/2" x WOF.
6. For your binding, cut 4 strips 2 1/4" x WOF (for medium binding).
Okay - how easy was that?
Here is my mom's fabric, all cut and ready to sew:
Oh, and I forgot to mention it last time - but be sure to post photos on your blog, and then comment here with your link - so that we can visit you and see your fabric!
It's not too late to join us in the fun - so gather your fabric, and comment here if you want to play!
Have fun cutting girls!